Sunday, August 27, 2017

What the Faith?

Faith is like a scientific experiment. It's your controlled substance you plug-in too, like one of those nifty electric car stations you see scattered about town.  It's always there, never waivering unless you scrap the whole idea and think you can do it alone.  It'll still be there drumming it's fingers on your life until you wake the hell up and try again. It teaches you patience.  It teaches you sacrifice.  It teaches you that all the shit you've been through is merely a hoop you'll jump through to get to a bigger, more brilliant hoop.   
Some shy away from that word. Eww faith ! It's like saying toilet paper in the 50's - no one likes to say it out loud as it may make people judge you.  I say Who Cares.  If a person is judged by their own beliefs and it isn't harming anyone, F that.  Fear is to Faith as Death is to Life.  If you go around living in a bubble, because so-and-so said  you were a dumb fuck, that dumbfuckishness will shape you to be the absolutely Best dumbfuck in ...Fuckerdom.  If you live in a belief that you can run naked through the mud of life (well, not literally) and see what happens next, know what ever Will happened will be ok, then buddy, you got Faithed.   The belief in a power greater than ourselves is rich.  The unchanging belief that I can do anything if I set my sights toward that goal is Rich.    The things that Do change are the variables; the actions, thoughts that bounce around in our heads, like kids jumping on a feather bed.  If we can take that belief in our pockets and apply good sense and work, we can do amazing things...but we have to see how fear can be the catylyst for change, not the enemy of Life
I have to see, remember, utilize what I've done to see with open eyes how faith works.  I'm not turning into a bible-thumper or a egocentered hypocryt if I have faith.  I'm empowered with a new battery pack, that will take me over the puddles and maybe through a couple too, but I know I'll be okay on the other side.                                                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive